Not only do Kerbang and I have a traveling handicap, apparently, we have an inability to do things right the first time. Hence, the ‘take two’ syndrome.
I was awoken rather early this morning by Ready’s inability to walk in silence. I went online, and oddly enough, kerbang was loitering the messenger premises. He talked me into doing some errands [read ONE errand] with him.
So, we drove to the post office [which is 2 minutes away from our apartment]…and kerbang forgot the letter. Went back home, went back to the post office, mailed the letter, went back home.
Then we decided to go to the movie theater so we could use his movie theater gift certificates. We get to the theater, with the intention of watching “Paycheck”. Of course, when we get to our destination, Kerbang forgot the tickets at home. We went back home and went back to the theater, tickets in hand but instead we watched a romantic comedy that is “Win a Date with Tad Hamilton”
Okay, who names their kid Tad?
Tad Hamilton was a hot kid but Topher Grace, even if he is scrawny and his eyes are bit wide apart [Kerbang had complaints about his hair], is fucking adorable.
Warning: spoiler ahead:***
There is one scene, that he does awesomely where Topher [alias Pete], is trying to tell his best friend [ a la Dawson’s Creek but not as dramatic] that he’s in love with her. It went like this:
Pete: So, I have something to tell you
Rosy: [innocent enough] What is it?
Pete: No, no, it’s nothing.
Rosy: uh, okay.
Pete: It’s just..okay…no, it’s nothing, nothing important.
Rosy: Okay Pete.
Pete: It’s just, I just have to tell you—
And he grabs her and kisses her! AHHHHHHH!!! And I felt what I haven’t felt in a long time. I felt, like, hope for myself in the future. Which is super cheesy to say the least. But I felt that Pete aka Topher was kissing me.
It got me thinking to my own love story. I mean, will I have one? Will it be boring or will it be as dramatic or exciting as it was in that romantic comedy?
Every one of my friends, I feel, have fantastic love stories. I see one of three stories:
The “Love at first sight” story, The “I’ve loved you all this time, but I was scared to tell you” story or the “I have had this crush on you, but I needed to get you drunk and get myself drunk to do anything about it.”
Top 10 Love Stories I have been witnessed to:
10. Josh and Risa—long story short: it took them 3 years to get together. They are ADORABLE.
9. Jenn and Alfred— Jenn was dating Kevin all throughout high school, Alfred dated like one girl intermittently. They were friends all throughout high school though [a lot mainly due to me, since I was super close to both of them], AFTER graduating the same high school and the same college, they secretly get together and caused a big ruckus amongst the high school friends when people found out.
8. Gump and his woman— His woman found gump, got him drunk, got him to be her man.
7. Nick and Jessica—okay, I’m a sucker for that newlyweds show.
6. Carmen and Dave—sucker for that as well. Dave makes all the jokes, Carmen laughs at all of them.
5. My parents—My father’s best friend was my mother’s roommate. My father called for his best friend, Susan,– my mother picked up the phone. My father met my mother [although she had a boyfriend] fell in love, took him several months to win her over and to break up with her boyfriend. After three months of dating, he proposed. They married in London [where my aunt Susan was the Maid of Honor] after a year of dating. They have been married for 27 years.
4. T and K—I have known Tyler for 6 years and I have known Kay my whole life. On the occasion they were both single at the same time, I thought they would be a good couple. Basically, to get them together, we hung out as a threesome to get them comfortable around each other until they started hanging out by themselves. About 5 months of that, they get together. Now, I can’t imagine them without each other.
3. Greatchen and Efren—oh God. These two met each other through me [I used to give them carpool rides]. They started hanging out on their own and would ALWAYS fight. Like, always. When Greatchen started driving, I would sit in the backseat, whilst she and Efren would banter. Then I would put my hands over my ears and yell “Mommy, Daddy! Please don’t get a divorce!” …Efren pulled a Topher Grace and admitted his feelings for Greatchen after a year of this banter type friendship. They’ve been together about 7 years.
2. Demi and Brendan— Demi and Brendan both met at NYU. Demi had a crush on Brendan and about after a couple months of hanging out with him, admitted her crush on him and he said he was “damaged goods” but admired her moxy to admit that. They become best friends. THREE years later, Demi [who has a boyfriend] had moved back to Florida to pursue screenwriting. Brendan’s 25th birthday was in New York. She shows up to surprise him. He gets drunk, admits he’s in love with her and kisses her. She breaks up with boyfriend and gets with her best friend.
And the number 1 love story…
Has to be mine. When it happen people, I’ll tell you. If it’s boring, I’ll make it exciting anyway.
Okay, I’m going to watch “Head of State” and pretend it’s about Al Sharpton, heh heh heh. I’m going to try to ride this love optimism as long as it will last me [I’m thinking, two more hours]